Experienced digital communication
With over 10 years' experience as a digital communicator, I understand the digital world and how people consume content and can tailor the experience accordingly, successfully managing the redevelopment of many websites to improve usability and engagement. I'm a creative, talented and flexible writer, able to produce engaging content for any audience. From technical pieces, feature articles, web copy, SEO, email marketing, blogging or social media, I am able to delve into a subject and tease out the nuances relevant to any audience.
2012 - Present - ANZIIF - Digital Content and Communications Manager
- Developing the strategic direction for content across the organisation for the Members' Centre, Know Risk, Careers in Insurance websites and The Journal.
- Writing and producing content for the Member's Centre, featuring topics on insurance, risk management, business management, technology, communication and management issues.
- Writing and producing content for Know Risk, featuring topics ranging from financial literacy, insurance awareness, practical risk management, health management and blog posts.
- Writing and producing content for Careers in Insurance, featuring topics ranging from financial literacy, insurance awareness, practical risk management, health management and blog posts.
- Managed the redevelopment of the Institute's website, improving usability and content direction, doubling traffic to the Members' Centre.
- Content is syndicated across a range of business websites and programs including Actuaries Digital, Public Accountant, Real Estate Business and the Wealth Academy.
- Managed the redevelopment of the Institute’s website, improving usability and content direction, increasing traffic to the Members’ Centre by 58% and session times by 60%.
- Developed electronic newsletter strategy and schedule, averaging open rates of 43% and click through rates 21.2%.
- Manage the production of multimedia content for the Members' Centre, Careers in Insurance and Know Risk websites, including writing scripting and overseeing final video production.
- Developed the strategic direction for ANZIIF's online community hub for insurance professionals, and manage the ongoing community across existing social media channels including Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
2010 - 2012 - Department of Primary Industries - Online Communications Manager
Managed a team of writers and editors in the redevelopment of the DPI website, incorporating content from a number of smaller, external sites and machinery of government changes, as well as the redevelopment of the DPI intranet site. Managed the development of a community hub for dairy farmers and provided strategic advice to DPI Ministers and Executives on content direction, including the use of social media channels.
2009 - 2010 - Department of Planning and Community Development - Intranet Manager
Developed the strategic content direction of the DPCD intranet site including successfully managing its redesign and redevelopment. Wrote and produced content for the site on a daily basis.
2008 - 2009 - Skills Victoria - Internet Manager
Developed the strategic direction for the Skills Victoria website, including the site's redevelopment and consolidation of a dozen smaller satellite sites. Managed and wrote content for the Skills Victoria website.
2007 - 2008 - Department of Justice - Online Communications Adviser
Managed the content development and direction for the department's 40 plus websites and intranet and also managed the redesign and redeveloped the Court Victoria website.
2004 - 2007- Bachelor of Arts - Journalism (Monash University)
2003 - Honours in Literature (Victoria University)
1998 - 2000 - Bachelor of Arts - Professional Writing (Victoria University)